How do I bind the Mimic to an FRX Receiver?
The binding process is simple and only needs to be done when using a Mimic Beta with a new receiver:
- Verify both the Mimic Beta Transmitter and Freefly FRX Receiver are set to the same channel. The channel is set by a small dial located on the transmitter and receiver.
- Ensure the FRX Receiver is installed on the Mōvi properly with the 5-pin cable solidly connected.
- Power on both the Mimic Beta and the Mōvi.
- Check that both the Mimic Beta Transmitter and Freefly Receiver status LEDs are illuminated, indicating both have power.
- Press and hold the Bind button on the Freefly Receiver until the Receiver status LED starts quickly flashing orange, then release the button.
- Wait for the Receiver to status LED to slowly flash orange. This indicates it has found a transmitter.
- Press and hold the Bind button on the Mimic transmitter until the status LED turns orange, then release the button.
- Once successful, the lights on both the Mimic transmitter and Freefly receiver will turn green. The Mimic transmitter will continue to blink green as before, but the receiver will be solid green, indicating the bind was successful and the connection is active.
Note: If the bind process fails, try repeating steps 4-7.
Still need help? Get in touch with our support team.Contact Us