Movi Availability – Where can I purchase?
Movi has been rocking and rolling in the mobile filmmaking world since we started shipping in late March, 2017. So many awesome clips and films were created with it and people love having the Movi as a part or all of their filmmaking/memory capturing kits!
To provide a great experience for customers for 3+ years for a mobile phone accessory is a great run but all good things must come to an end eventually. We are sad to say, as of early January 2021, the Movi Cinema Robot is discontinued, permanently.
What does this mean?
- We aren’t building the Movi any longer and there are no “new” Movi in the world for sale that we are aware of.
- Moment may be selling open box returns of Movi while inventory lasts, so you can check with them just in case: https://www.shopmoment.com/freefly
- Otherwise, sourcing a Movi Cinema Robot to purchase now to the end of time will be exclusively through the secondary market (eBay, etc), and these units will not carry a factory warranty. This doesn’t mean they won’t work great for you, it just means that if you have hardware problems with them in the future, our options to help beyond troubleshooting will be limited.
- Hardware Support & Repairs
- We will continue to support our users worldwide with hardware issues they may encounter with their Movi. For any existing customers, any warranties that are active will be honored through the warranty period.
- The cost to repair physical or electronic issues with the Movi is prohibitive, and often we supply replacement hardware for customers under warranty. We have enough units on hand to cover customer warranty replacements. These units are reserved for warranty claims and are not available to purchase outright.
- Cables and batteries for the Movi are non-proprietary and can be sourced either on our website (cables) or online from various vendors (cables and batteries). If you need or want a recommendation for an accessory, let us know!
- We still have counterweight kits left in stock! If you don’t have one yet and think you will, or want to pick up a second one for spare parts, you can do so on our online store.
- Software Support & Updates
- To make sure that customers operating a phone from our supported devices, we are keeping an eye on the Movi app for iOS and Android. While we are watching for major issues, we aren’t planning on adding any features or compatible phones to our chart of tested devices.
- New Model
- There are no plans for a replacement for the Movi Cinema Robot at this time.
Still need help? Get in touch with our support team.