How do I keep my MIMIC from turning on during travel?
Any MIMIC running firmware v1.1 or later has a Shipping Mode that can be enabled to keep accidental power-ups from happening during travel. This mode can also be used when storing the MIMIC, to combat idle (parasitic) battery drain.
To enable Shipping Mode:
- Power on the MIMIC.
- Press all four menu buttons and the power button at the same time, until the screen turns off.
- If you are not storing the MIMIC in a place that keeps the antenna from being pushed or pulled on, remove the antenna during transit.
To disable Shipping Mode:
- If you took the antenna off for transit, put it back on.
- Plug the MIMIC in as if you are charging it, with a USB-C cable and a tablet-style USB wall adapter or other high powered USB power supply. (2.1A is best).
- When the shipping mode is disabled, the red charging light on the MIMIC will illuminate.
- You can disconnect from USB and power up for use, or continue to let it charge.
Still need help? Get in touch with our support team.Contact Us