How do I update the firmware on Pilot / MIMIC?
The Pilot / MIMIC will arrive with the latest firmware already installed, so updating is not required before the Pilot is initially ready for use. When future firmware versions are released, users can update the MIMIC using the following steps.
- Download the latest version of the Mōvi Pro app to your mobile device from the App Store or Google Play.
- Turn on the MIMIC (if it is in Travel Mode, plug it into USB power before turning it on), and make sure it is fully charged and has finished booting.
- Open the Mōvi Pro app on your mobile device and it connect to the MIMIC.
- If there is a new firmware update, your mobile device will prompt you to update the MIMIC.
- If you wish to update the MIMIC select “update” to initiate the update process.
- Once the update has completed, reboot the MIMIC.
The Pilot Modules may need a firmware update at some point. When new firmware versions are released, they will be accessible for download on the Freefly Support page on the website. Simply navigate to Pilot Controller→ Software→ Firmware release. More information can be found here: http://freeflysystems.com/support.
- Hold down button A and plug in your Pilot module USB cable into a PC or MAC.
- The module pops up as a mass storage drive and LED turns blue.
- Copy the appropriate firmware file to the drive.
- Power-cycle the module (unplug and plug again) – without pressing any key.
- The module LED turns green and blinks three times if firmware was updated successfully. It will reboot automatically to normal application.
Tip: If you don’t see the three green blinks or if you see any other color, repeat the process again.
Still need help? Get in touch with our support team.