Version 1.0 3-28-18
Read this entire safety guideline before operating. Failure to operate the product correctly can result in damage to the product or personal property and cause serious injury. This is a sophisticated product. It must be operated with caution and common sense and requires some basic mechanical ability. Failure to operate this product in a safe and responsible manner could result in injury or damage to the product or other property. This product is not intended for use by children without direct adult supervision. Do not use with incompatible components or alter this product in any way outside of the documents provided by Freefly Systems.
These Safety Guidelines contain instructions for safety, operation and maintenance. It is essential to read and follow all of the instructions and warnings here and in provided instructional materials, prior to assembly, setup or use, in order to operate the product correctly and avoid damage or serious injury.
All instructions and other collateral documents are subject to change at the sole discretion of Freefly Systems. For up-to-date product information, visit the support page for this product.
The following terms are used throughout the product literature to indicate various levels of potential harm when operating this product:
WARNING Warning: Failure to properly follow procedures may result in property damage, collateral damage, and serious or superficial injury.
NOTICE Notice: Failure to properly follow procedures may result in property damage, a small possibility of injury, or no possibility of injury. To avoid fire, serious injury, and property damage, observe the following safety guidelines when using, charging, or storing your batteries.
WARNING Battery Use
- DO NOT allow the batteries to come into contact with any kind of liquid. DO NOT leave batteries out in the rain or near a source of moisture. DO NOT drop the battery into water. If the inside of the battery comes into contact with water, chemical decomposition may occur, potentially resulting in the battery catching on fire, and may even lead to an explosion.
- If the battery falls into water by accident, put it in a safe and open area immediately. Maintain a safe distance from the battery until it is completely dry. Never use the battery again, and dispose of the battery properly as described in the Battery Disposal section below.
- Put out any battery fire using water, sand, fire blanket or a dry powder fire extinguisher.
- See below section on approved alternate batteries for a list of third party batteries that can be used in Movi. Freefly takes no responsibility for any damage caused by non-Freefly batteries.
- Never use or charge swollen, leaky, or damaged batteries. If your batteries are abnormal, contact Freefly or a Freefly authorized dealer for further assistance.
- The battery should be used in temperatures from -10℃ to 50℃. Use of the battery in environments above 50℃ can lead to a fire or explosion. Use of battery below -10℃ can lead to permanent damage.
- DO NOT use the battery in strong electrostatic or electromagnetic environments. Otherwise, the battery may malfunction.
- Never disassemble or pierce the battery in any way or the battery may leak, catch fire, or explode.
- DO NOT drop or strike batteries. DO NOT place heavy objects on the batteries or charger.
- Electrolytes in the battery are highly corrosive. If any electrolytes make contact with your skin or eyes, immediately wash the affected area with fresh running water for at least 15 minutes, and then see a doctor immediately.
- DO NOT use the battery if it received impact from a fall or other accidents.
- DO NOT heat batteries. DO NOT put batteries in a microwave oven or in a pressurized container.
- DO NOT place loose battery cells on any conductive surface, such as a metal table.
- DO NOT manually short-circuit the battery.
- DO NOT mix batteries with any conductive objects that could cause short circuiting.
- Only transport batteries in an approved carrying case.
- Do not put batteries in your pocket without a proper carrying case.
- Do not insert batteries into Movi that are more than 0.1V different in charge level from each other.
- Only insert batteries that are greater than 2.4V and less than 4.2V per cell into Movi.
- Clean battery terminals with a clean, dry cloth only.
- Never remove the protective wrap of the batteries.
- If a battery wrap is damaged discontinue use immediately.
- If a battery becomes discolored or damaged discontinue use immediately.
- When a battery’s capacity is diminished with use it must be recycled according to your local bylaws.
WARNING Battery Charging
- DO NOT attach the batteries to wall outlets or car charger sockets directly.
- Freefly takes no responsibility if the battery is charged using a non-Freefly charger.
- Never leave the battery or Movi unattended during charging. DO NOT charge the battery near flammable materials or on flammable surfaces such as carpet or wood.
- DO NOT charge the battery immediately after use, because the battery temperature may be too high.
- DO NOT charge the battery until it cools down to near room temperature. Charging the battery outside of the temperature range of 15℃-40℃ may lead to leakage, overheating, or battery damage.
- Disconnect the charger or charger cable when not in use. Examine the charger, adapter and cable regularly for damage to the cord, plug, enclosure, or other parts. DO NOT clean the charger with denatured alcohol or other flammable solvents. Never use a damaged charger or cable.
WARNING Battery Storage
- Keep batteries out of the reach of children and pets.
- DO NOT leave the battery near heat sources such as a furnace or heater. DO NOT leave the batteries inside of a vehicle on hot days. The ideal storage temperature is 22℃-28℃.
- Always keep the battery in a dry place.
- DO NOT store the battery fully discharged for long periods of time, otherwise it will over discharge and lead to permanent damage.
WARNING Battery Maintenance
- Never use the battery when the temperature is too high or too low.
- Never store the battery in environments with a temperature higher than 60℃.
WARNING Battery Disposal
Dispose of the battery in specific recycling boxes only after a complete discharge. DO NOT place the battery in regular trash containers. Strictly follow your local regulations regarding the disposal and recycling of batteries.
NOTICE Battery Use
Make sure the batteries are fully charged before using.
NOTICE Battery Charging
The Movi ensures the batteries are designed to stop charging when they are full. However, it is a good practice to monitor the charging progress and disconnect the charger when the batteries are fully charged.
NOTICE Battery Storage
- The Movi will go into hibernation mode, in which it cannot be used until charged, if it is depleted or after long periods of inactivity. Recharge the Movi to bring it out of hibernation mode.
- Remove batteries from the Movi when stored for an extended period.
NOTICE Battery Maintenance
- Never over-discharge, as this may lead to battery cell damage.
- Battery life may be reduced if not used for a long time.
- Discharge and charge the battery completely once every three months to keep it in good condition.
NOTICE Battery Disposal
If the battery cannot be fully discharged, please contact a professional battery disposal/recycling agent for further assistance.
NOTICE Aftermarket Batteries
Freefly does not take responsibility for the use of 3rd party batteries in the Movi Cinema Robot. If you choose to use non-Freefly batteries, they must meet or exceed the following specifications:
- Provide at least 5C discharge and 2C charge
- Cells must have flat, non button type contacts
The batteries listed below are examples that meet our specifications:
- LG Chem 18650 MJ1
- LG Chem 18650 HH1
- LG Chem 18650 HG2
- Samsung INR18650-25R5
- Samsung INR18650-25R2
This content is subject to change.
If you have any questions about this document, please contact Freefly by sending a message to email@example.com.
Battery Testing Documentation: