When will I get my gear back after service/repair?
When your equipment is received at Freefly (with a Return Authorization/RA), the agent handling your case will send you an update to let you know.
For services/repairs that do not require an estimate before service (covered by warranty, or pre-approved):
- Typical time required to complete the repair/service and subsequent QC testing is 14-18 business days.
- When the work is completed, the agent will reach out with instructions for how to arrange for payment (which is required before we can ship to you for non-warranty services) and/or return shipping.
For services/repairs on equipment that is not under warranty or otherwise not covered by warranty (physical damage), we’ll ask if you want an estimate before we proceed, or give you the option to pre-approve service costs.
- If you prefer an estimate:
- It generally takes 5-7 business days (from the date you request the estimate) for our repair team to evaluate your equipment and generate an estimate. If an investigation is required, this process can take longer (differs from case to case, and we’ll let you know if we think this will be true).
- Once you approve the estimate, the typical time required to complete the repair and subsequent QC testing is 14-18 business days.
- If you do not approve the estimate and want to proceed with the service, there may still be a labor charge for diagnostic time. There may also be return shipping costs, if you want us to ship it back to you.
- If you want to pre-approve the service and not wait for an estimate:
- Typical time required to complete the repair and subsequent testing is 14-18 business days.
- Regardless of if the service is pre-approved or you have approved an estimate, payment will be required for service and return shipping costs before we can send the equipment back to you.
Important notes about service timelines:
- These timelines are an only an estimate, and not a promise that service will be completed within them. It is our goal to meet and exceed expectations, but it is not always possible. We will do our best to communicate with you if the service might take longer than expected, so you can plan accordingly.
- Freefly business/operating days are Monday-Friday, and do not include US National Holidays. The timeline starts the business day following receipt/processing at Freefly.
- These projected/estimated timelines assume that the gear will be received by Freefly within two weeks of when we issue an RA. If the equipment is received after 14 days from when the RA is issued, anticipated timelines are subject to change. If this is the case, once received, we’ll let you know.
- Freefly Product Checkup Services assume that equipment is in general working condition. If we find that major service is required (physical damage not covered by the service, any water damage, multiple major components damaged, etc), we will provide an estimate for additional costs if you have requested one. This may extend the overall service time.
- The estimated timelines noted are for in-house time only and do not include time in transit (to or from Freefly).
- Transit delays (customs, weather, politics, paperwork, pandemic, etc) to or from Freefly are not something we control or take responsibility for and will not affect in-house service timelines. Transit times vary based on your location, customs, shipping service level, weather, politics, etc.
- Processing delays caused by improper documentation or labeling can and will delay service timelines.
Still need help? Get in touch with our support team.Contact Us